rTMS: Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
Often patients suffering from Major Depression obtain no relief, or inadequate relief from antidepressants. And in many cases drug therapies induce side effects that result in noncompliance. TMS is indicated for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder in adult patients who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from prior antidepressant medication in the current episode. We use FDA approved MagVita TMS.
What is repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)
- rTMS is an effective, non-invasive alternative for the large number of patients not responding to medication. rTMS does not require anesthesia – and is NOT to be confused with ECT (Electro Convulsive [Shock] Therapy).
- The rTMS system delivers magnetic pulses to stimulate nerve cells in the part of the brain controlling the mood.
MagVita TMS Therapy based on repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) is Easy-to-use:
- Series of pulsed magnetic stimuli to the brain
- Non-invasive procedure – no anesthetics, no blood draws
- For use in outpatient settings (office based setting)
- Free from common antidepressant drug side effects
- Patient able to resume daily activities after the treatment